Our system implements a simple method of bullet penetration. In many popular FPS games, players can shoot through walls to damage enemies on the other side.
We kept this as simple and light as possible, because many users prefer to use their own weapon systems. Some users even plan to use advanced damage calculations, where bullet penetration reduces the bullet’s damage, depending on distance and resistance of the wall. Lots of physics / vector 3 calculations are involved. Since there are many ways to do this, we’re not going to force you to do things one way — we left this open for you to decide. If you want advanced bullet penetration, send us an email with the suggestion and, if there’s enough demand, we will implement it in an add-on later.
The basic rules are these:
- Bullets are, by default, not affected by physics colliders (they will keep going)
- Objects tagged as “Building” will stop a bullet (and destroy it)
- The bullet will spawn the object, “STAT_hitFXMisc” when it hits an object tagged “Building”
- Bullets will go through anything (even walls) that are not tagged as “Building”
- Bullets will not go through bots / players with an ally or enemy tag